Thursday, December 28, 2006

Flaw In Google Adwords Algo

When it comes to making sense, Google is way off on this one. I ran a tiny test with a ringtone campaign using the term "eminem" broad matched.
So I was staring at a perfect Quality Score the moment my ad started running. Then I got a few thousand impressions and my CTR was extremely low. One, because my ad was down the right side of the page. And from the looks of it, there are ZERO Premium ads up top. This tells me one thing. This term has way too many searches with too little click volume overall. So right now I'm looking at 33,228 Impressions and 59 clicks. I'm 100% certain that Google must change their algo to include some weight system based on volume of impressions vs overall Adwords CTR on certain keywords. As it stand now, they have a bottom line of like 3% CTR in order to get a Premium listing above the organic results, this term, along with millions of other high traffic terms simply will NEVER receive this sort of CTR. Period.

No comments: