Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Keyword Research

It's been a while since I last posted something... Anyway, on to it.

Over the past year, my income is diminishing. It could be due to the increase on rejections from my one main merchant, then again it could be from my lack of upkeep on my campaigns. I'm going with the lack of my upkeep.

I'm not much for saying how much I make these days as it's not the $80k per month I was making last year around this time, but I'm certainly not heading out to the streets any time soon. I still am livin' large, sometimes a little larger than I should be. Heh

On to the real reason I'm posting for the first time in ages. With the falloff, I've desided to get on some keyword research, and boy, what a pain in the ass. I bought a HUGE list of company names for my UK loan campaign to bid on. I have a tool from Overture that I run my 18k list through, that produces another 200k terms, most of which are junk, and I was doing this all by hand.

That's great on one hand, because I get details, and other keywords off of it. But putting my hand through 200k keywords will take me 2 years to complete. So I wrote some scripts. Yummy, programming. If I was looking for a quick way to eliminate the junk from my list returned by Overture, where would I start? Well, best way I could think of was to spider Yahoo's search results for the descriptions of their first 10 results returned. Take those results and search for terms like "loanmortgagelendingetc......" and if finds a match, the term is most likely finance related. That cuts out TONS of time for me. I still need to hand pick terms, but this will remove about 2/3's of the junk.

Onwards to 100 grand a month of pure profits!

1 comment:

berZ said...

Rick you are genius