Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Weight Loss

Not sure if anyone knows my history of weight loss/gain. But it's been busy.

When I was 17-18, I tipped the scales at 235lbs. Yeah, being 5'11" tall, it's not skinny. Went on a diet, lost 60lbs in roughly 6 months or so, then lost another 15lbs over the next 6 months, slowly. Weighing in at 160lbs, I was looking quite thin. Sickly thin. So I had to put on a few pounds, which I did and maintained 180lbs for the next 6-7 years.

Ha, then came Affiliate Marketing. Once I started making enough money to where I could quit my dayjob and work from home (bought a house in Florida). Got married, then the ultimate came. We had a baby. Well, she had the baby, I watched. All of a sudden, I got hungry. I blame my baby boy (Damien). He made me eat, and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Hahaha!

Over the time period of quitting my dayjob, getting married, having a baby, I had regained my weight back, and tipped the scales at 231lbs. We bought another new house a few months after Damien was born, now that I had put on some weight. The stairs were absolutely dreadful.

So it was time for a diet. I tried the diet that lost me 70lbs in my teens, but the progress was so SLOW, and mostly ineffective. Then I was talking with my buddy who had done the Atkins thing. I always looked at that "fad" diet like it was junk. Well..... Not anymore. I pretty much started eating Atkins friendly foods, and the weight started melting off. I hit a wall around 210lbs and was there for quite a few weeks. In order to get going again I had to make a change, so I tried eating some hardboiled eggs for breakfast, lunch, and a nice chicken, turkey, steak, even hamburgers for dinner. May not sound like it's all that appetizing, but it is to me, and the eggs fill me up, and each one is only 20 calories per egg, no fat, all protein - minus the yolk.

Today, I tipped the scales at 193lbs. Feel great. Focused to get back to 180lbs again. I don't have that much further to go.

Hate to talk about things other than making money online, but I had to share this little story. :)

No comments: